Editors Note • November
Hello kanga readers! How's the new month been? It's been pleasant so far for the Kanga team! I want to talk about MOTIVATION.
What motivates you to get up in the morning? What keeps you going? Do you have a certain idea of how your life should be by a certain period or do you just go with the natural flow of life?
I find that having plans and goals can have both advantages and disadvantages. I'll tell you why. Come come, let's keep reading..
Advantages Of Planning
1. You can have a clear focus and work towards that.
2. You're able to stay motivated which makes you willing to get up and work towards achieving your goals.
3. You find that you're less lazy as with each day you feel the need to do something positive that will help towards actualising your dreams.
4. You're able to keep chasing something and will rarely be bored.
Disadvantages Of Planning
1. You might feel pressured to achieve your goals within a certain timeframe and thus have a negative impact on your thought process and progress.
2. You might feel overwhelmed as with each step you take you might feel like it's not enough.
3. It's hard finding the balance between working hard and taking much needed breaks. Guilt creeps in.
4. You find that some goals might not be reached and that can have a long-term negative impact on your state of mind.
So, as with most things in life, there are positive aspects and also negative ones. And we always have the freedom of choice. You can choose to focus on the advantages of planning and prosper or focus on the negatives and crash mentally.
I urge you to focus on the advantages of planning and prosper! Go on and lay out your goals and work! Let's stay focused and achieve all our goals in good time. And may we persevere in the face of set backs and adversity.