To Tunisia We Go! •
Let's Go To Tunisia! But before we do, here are some quick interesting facts about this beautiful, culturally diverse and rich North African country!
• Tunisia, located in Northern Africa, is bordered by Libya and Algeria and has a coastline along the Mediterranean Sea.
• The Capital of Tunisia is Tunis and its residents are referd to as Tunisians.
• Tunisia gained independence from France in 1956.
• The official languages are Arabic and French.
• It is the smallest country in North Africa with hot & dry summers, mild & rainy winters in the Northern part of the country, with a desert climate in the Southern part.
• Tunisia has a terrain that poses a mixture of deserts, mountains and Plains.
• It is home to a diverse range of animals including; cheetahs, gazelles, hyaenas and panthers.
• FUN FACT: The Hollywood film "Star Wars" was filmed in Tunisia.
• Tunisia has a 6,000 year old ample theatre.
• The industry is known for Footwear, mining, petroleum, textiles and tourism.
• Tunisian Dinar is the official currency.
• Tunisia is known for growing almonds, citrus fruits, dates, grains, olives and sugar beet.
• The national dish is Cous-Cous, often served with meat or fish and vegetables, with delicious sauces.
• Some of the best beaches in the Mediterranean can be found in Tunisia.